While membership is not required to register for the conference, there are many benefits to becoming a member of the association. JOIN NOW! A discounted conference rate applies for all members—the difference in cost would pay for this year’s AAV membership fee. For your convenience, you may join or renew when you submit your conference registration. If you renew or join now, we will send you all 2012 publications and you will qualify for the discounted conference rate. For complete AAV membership benefits, please visit www.aav.org. U.S. residents may join on the conference registration form. All others visit www.aav.org to join.
Determining Your Member Status
One way to see if your AAV membership is current is to visit this site and look for your name: www.aav.org/association/?content=activeMembersList. Please renew or join today, right on the registration form. Or simply pay the higher non-member conference rate.
How to Register
- Mail—90 Madison Street, Suite 403, Denver, CO 80206
Note: Registrations will not be accepted by phone.
Payment must accompany registration in order for the Conference Office to process your registration and reserve practical lab space. Be sure to fully complete the registration form—the information requested is important in processing your registration.
Early, regular, and onsite registration fees will be applied based on the date that your registration-with payment in full-is received by the Conference Office. All registrations, except those sent via mail or delivered by courier, must be paid by credit card.
Payment and Receipts
- MasterCard and Visa credit cards are accepted.
- International registrants not using a credit card should use a check or international draft drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. funds made payable to AAV. Send to the Conference Office by courier such as Federal Express or by registered mail.
- Prepayment in full or valid approved credit card is required to qualify for discounted fees and to reserve practical lab space. In cases where cards are initially declined, the prevailing fee at the time approval is received will be charged.
- Receipts confirming registration will be sent by mail. If you do not receive a receipt within two weeks of submitting your registration, contact the Conference Office to verify receipt of your registration. Please verify the accuracy of your receipt and contact the Conference Office immediately with any changes.
- In the event that a registrant is entitled to a refund for a portion of his/her registration fee, it will be processed via the same method it was paid; for instance, if payment was made by credit card, the refund will be processed as a credit to your credit card account.
- For credit card charges, your agreement on the conference registration form authorizes AAV to adjust the amount charged in the event fees were miscalculated or alternate practical labs are assigned.
- Partial cancellations and/or changes to your registration are subject to a $10 processing fee. A $50 processing fee will be charged for all full cancellations, regardless of reason for cancellation.
- Refund requests must be received in writing by mail, e-mail (aav@ conferenceoffice.com) or fax (303-759-8861) no later than July 13 to entitle the registrant to a full refund less the $50 processing fee.
- Written cancellations received AFTER July 13 and BEFORE August 8 entitle the registrant to a 50% credit for the unused registration toward the next year’s conference.
There will be no form of refund for “no shows” unless considered a special exception by the Executive Director. Special exceptions such as family and health emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- All program components, except practical labs, are open to anyone who registers; however, children under 12 are not allowed in any educational sessions.
- Entrance to educational sessions is limited to persons registered for the conference with the exception of family members of a speaker who wish to attend that speaker’s session (see registration personnel).
- Student fees must be qualified by current enrollment in an AVMA-approved, accredited or listed veterinary school, and a copy of current student ID must accompany registration.
- When graduate students and interns register, they must provide a statement from their advisor confirming their full-time status in graduate school or as an intern.
- AAV Student Chapter members are not AAV members unless they hold their own individual membership.
- Technicians must be current AAV members or pay the non-member rate. Sign up or renew your AAV membership on the registration form.
- Guest program registrants who are minors (under 18) must be accompanied by a paid adult guest program registrant.
Recent Graduates Save Money (2012 grads and residents): Attend Saturday and Sunday for only $175—a $35 savings that includes an Ambassador available to you for the year to answer questions and mentor. See registration brochure to sign up!
Technician Group Discount
A $50 discount per registration is available to groups of two or more technicians from the same clinic registering for the full Main Conference. To qualify, registrants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Registrations must all be submitted on the same day.
- All must be current members or pay the non-member rates.
- All must be registering for the full Main Conference.
- All must be currently employed at the same clinic.
Discount on all Practical Labs Given to Veterinarians Registering for the Full Main Conference
A $50 discount is included in the Full Main Conference registration fee for veterinarians taking a practical lab. Please note the following policies:
- Applies to veterinarian registration fee only—not included in any other fee structure.
- Veterinarians must register for the Full Main Conference—$50 discount is not included in single-day fees.
- Veterinarians may apply this discount to any one 2-hour or 4-hour practical lab.
Practical Lab Policies
- Practical Labs are open to veterinarians and qualified veterinary students.
- Technicians who are members may register for labs designated with an asterisk (*) on page 8 and 9 at the technician rate listed on the registration form.
- Lab selections are confirmed based on receipt of registration with payment and availability.
- Lab time assignments are on a first-paid, first-served basis. You will receive your practical lab assignment prior to the conference.
- Partial cancellations and/or changes to your registration are subject to a $10 processing fee.
- Only registrants, instructors, scheduled practical lab assistants, and equipment representatives approved in advance by the Practical Lab Coordinator are allowed in the practical labs or hallways at the practical lab site. No exceptions, please, including children of any age.
- Please list several alternate practical lab topics. Every effort will be made to assign you to your first choice—register early for the best selection.
- Refunds may not be given to those who are not placed in their preferred practical lab topic—please list alternatives. Partial cancellations and/or changes to your registration are subject to a $10 processing fee.